Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Gallo(n) of Cool


I love Vincent Gallo. I love Buffalo 66. I love The Brown Bunny...yeah, that was me. The one person is the world who absolutely loved it. Other than Vincent himself. Vincent loves Vincent. In fact, if Vincent could go down on himself, he would never feel the need to write any female characters into his flicks. They could be just as he wants them...ALL ABOUT HIM. Which is okay. I'm on permanent standby with this guy and follow his career with a mixture of awe, envy, fascination, and that good kind of disgust where you pretend to be offended but secretly you are wickedly thrilled.

Vincent has a studio. The studio is called THE UNIVERSITY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND THEORY OF MAGNETIC TAPE RECORDED MUSIC STUDIOS. If there is one thing I can't stand is a vague title; the implied meaning of which is shrouded in a cloud of complete mystery. All joking aside, it becomes pretty obvious pretty quick to any potential Gallo-vers that the man's artistic profile illustrates a gorgeous balance between a place of austere, clinical, sterile educational film-like manufacture with a place of warm, analogue-based, get your hands dirty, gold halo-glow and meter in the bright red type of creation. Check out his music related website here, and make sure you click on his studio link. It provides an amazing visual tour highlighting the gear and studio sundry of chez/studio Gallo. Brother likes the Rickys. And his gear manuals and reference material are meticulously organized.

Another reason why Gallo ranks super high with me is his collaboration with guitar genius and enigma that is John Frusciante. I would say he is with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I would prefer to phrase it thusly, The Red Hot Chili Peppers are with him. I like the Peppers okay, but I love Frusciante's guitar work. His solo work is stunning and inspiring. There is something so "Grade Nine" about the Peppers, like if you polled a thousand Grade Nines, 985 would confirm the Chilis as their favorite band. My guess is that Flea and the boys tickle that age of hormonal mix with just the right feather.

So check out the Frusciante/Gallo fuse for "Going Inside". Check it while you can, Gallo is notorious for finding and pulling stuff he didn't have a hand in putting up.
What a control freak(this has at times been his very strength)!

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go "Span some time".


currently listening to: Shirley Bassey, The Remix Album

5 comments:

Faerie said...

LMAO

ANY man that could possibly give themselves head would never need women..(or if you are gay another man... not that there is anything wrong with that) around... self loving bastards... *sigh* gotta love them...

Faerie said...

oh you see I was driving down the road going to pick up one of the shortys and I realized why they wont comment ...

It is because you told of that secret wish they all have...

You cant imagine how many men try that technique... only to have to hire a hooker... *frown* .. women I dont think really think of this as an option... although when we date a man that wont go downtown... he is usually kicked to the curb .. and we are nice enough to lie about the reason... *wink*

re RUSH
well iing near san antonio they toured about every 6-9 months .. same as AC/DC and heart and ozzy (til he got his ass booted) ... needless to say all I did for about 4 yrs was go to shows... *tipping a glass*

Allan said...

Uh, I was going to comment on how inadequate Gallo's studio makes me feel, but then I read invisible's comment and felt a little better- it boggles my mind that some men have such limited menus...ah well, it's their loss.

Godwhacker said...

Do I hear "History Repeating"? What a great song!

bonjourtristesse said...

Viz! I suppose in the gas station of life everyone uses the self service lane at one time or another...

Allan! Yet again you have given proof that you are the perfect man.

GW!
I love History Repeating! I could listen to it again and again and again...lather rinse repeat! :)